Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Lots of Lasts...

During our last week at our house the kids loved playing on the boxes and making our remaining furniture into Star Wars fighter spaceships.

Will's last day with this sweet group at church.  He misses these kids a lot!

We had a "whatcha got left" potluck with our friends the Andreasons.  It actually turned out pretty good.  Shrimp tacos, some mashed potatoes and hot dogs and brats for the kiddos.

These three have always had a blast together. It was fun to listen to their conversation one last time.

Cora had to say goodbye to these sweet ladies.  They have been her stand in grandmas while we lived so far away from her real ones.  The one holding her is Baba Vera.  She and Cora bonded from the beginning and she would bring treats in just for Cora.  When I was finished working out, I would find Cora sitting behind the counter (hiding from the other kids) eating some delicious treat Baba had brought for her that day.  I cried when we left.  Cora is still asking why we can't go see them anymore.

Will had one last scout activity.  It was cold (I think in the 30s) but we'd thought it would be safe to pack away the winter stuff so our kids just had to wear lots of layers.  They survived.

They retired several flags after handing out awards.  I loved watching the boys get quiet and understand how this was a reverent moment and the respect that they had for the flag.

Will is the second red hood from the right.  He and his buddy Nolan (in the orange) were talking about how cool soldiers were for protecting our country.

Jeremy also got to go golfing one last time with this guy.  He is going to miss his golfing buddy Fletch!

No comments:

Post a Comment