I loved Lester, Will loved Lester, and even Cora loved this school. We met and made friends with some of the best people on the planet here. Friendliest people, nicest staff and such great communication and even better, incredible teachers.
This is our scene every day after school. For some reason I didn't stand in the same place to pick him up every day, but we still found each other. He'd throw me his backpack and run off with his buddies for a few minutes.
Some kids from his class. Jack, Nolan and some girls (I don't know their names anymore!).
Will and Nolan...typical shot of them.
Chris, Will and Nolan
Will and Mrs. Szczurek, aka the best teacher ever. This lady could read kids so easy and made a world of difference for many children in Will's class this year, including him.
Mason and Cora are hopefully going to get married someday. It all started on the playground...
Trevor, Will and Cora.
This is usually what we saw after school, just a pack of kids.
Will and his friend Josh.
Jeremy's friends Fletch and Maria (they were all in his Masters program) got married on our last day in Downers Grove. We had the longest date we've ever had in Illinois thanks to our wonderful friends. We went to their wedding at Cantigny and then to their dinner and reception at 7 Bridges. My sweet friend April (Trevors incredible mom) took Will and Cora from 1:30 to I don't know when. Apparently they all played at the park for a few hours and then at her house. My kids had their jackets and coats packed, so they were a little cold but had a great time, but I think the whole no jacket thing is why they all ended up at her house. Sometime that afternoon my other friend Becky (who I might add is an Olympian, got the silver in Luge in 2002) picked up her kids and mine from Aprils and fed them and let them hang out until 9ish. What a way to go out! It was so relaxing and fun to be with Jeremy! I miss my ladies though, they made me laugh and have kept me sane over the past couple years. I am so lucky to have met them and learned so much from them about generosity, patience and making life fun. I love them!












No comments:
Post a Comment