We weren't going to do a party for Will this year because we did one last year, and hey, they can get expensive fast. Besides, I only really remember having a couple of friend parties growing up. Couple as in two. This boy has already had several. But then I realized that he has so many friends here and it's close to the end of the year anyway that it would be a good way to celebrate with all of them before we move. I picked an army theme because I thought it would be easy and they always play it after school anyway.
The quiet before the party...I planned on having his party outside because we have a perfect back yard for boys to run around in. However, a couple days before his party, I noticed that it was supposed to rain that day. I'm talking 100% chance of rain. Oh man, I'd invited 14 boys to come over and do all sorts of crazy army obstacle courses and stuff...what was I going to do? Man up and make it through the 2 hours, that's what. And then during the party we actually ran out of time. That's how it goes.
So we got them some dog tags and cut up camo fabric into bandana's. We also got them some water guns, but since it was just raining, we just passed those out at the end.
So big!
We set them up for some army drills.
Then they painted up and got ready for their obstacle course.
I'm not going to lie, Jeremy did a pretty good job at setting up this obstacle course the night before, this was the scariest part but the kids loved it.
He had them running cones, crawling, jumping jacks, crabwalking, push-ups..it was awesome.
Then we stopped by the mess hall for some grub. After that we played one more game where they had to go rescue one of their wounded warriors. They ended up saving one and then all ended up playing dead until it was time for cupcakes and presents. I wanted to then let them play war...but parents arrived even before we were done with presents. They had fun, it was loud and crazy, but Will said it was great.
No comments:
Post a Comment