Monday, July 30, 2012

Taste of Chicago

Jeremy and I love food.  We've always wanted to go to the Taste of Chicago but it was always on a weekend that we couldn't go; however this year we made sure that we could go.  I got some tasty food from an African joint with tasty fried plantains and rice, while Jeremy tried many foods that I could not since that had wheat in them.  Will tried the ice cream.  Since it was terribly hot, we bribed Will that if he was good he could play in the water afterwards.  He was good so we were all able to go play afterwards.  Will and Cora loved it and it was a great way for us all to cool off.
 Hanging out in the shade while Jeremy was tasting something.

 Hooray!  Water!

 Will really wanted to help Cora walk like he does at home...but with it being wet and concrete underneath I helped him help her.

She doesn't look happy here, but believe me she loved it.



"We have to go home?  Can I have some more ice cream when we get home?"

We had fun at the Taste of Chicago.  I'm not sure we'd do it again on such a hot day with the kids, but it was tasty and worth it to do it at least once while we're living here.

No comments:

Post a Comment