Thursday, June 25, 2015

Memorial Day and Grandma T's last day

My mom was able to stay until Memorial Day, which made us have fun for one last day instead of focusing on packing. 
The night before, Cora had Grandma read her a story at bedtime.  Cora loved having extra attention.

On Memorial Day it wasn't great weather, so we decided to go one last time to the Tivoli Bowling alley.  I actually won!  My mom usually wins, so I had to record this for bragging rights.  Overall, I think we did all right, even Cora who insisted on pushing the ball down the lane herself at a cool 1.25 mile per hour pace.  

Then we decided we'd better go to Scooby's for a delicious Chicago style dog.  Will always gets so excited when we go here for dinner, and I get excited for their root beer shake...man I want one right now!  I had to take a picture of this poster so I can find my own someday, it always cracked me up while I sipped my shake at Scoobys with little tidbits like how Chicagoans know the expressway or tollways by their names, and not their numbers and you know you are in Chicago when you buy a nice umbrella every six months.

I have loved having our family in town, it was fun to go do some of our favorite things for the last time (at least for good long while) with family.  After we took my mom to the airport (we were sad, she was anxious to get home to my sister's new baby!) it finally set in that it was time to get to work and that we really were moving.  Jeremy and I packed all of our bookcases that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment