Friday, December 3, 2010

Turkey Day Turducken

Ever since I've known Jeremy, he has wanted to make a Turducken for Thanksgiving dinner.  For those of you wondering what a Turducken is, it's a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey with stuffing in between each layer. This year since we had the opportunity to cook the turkey ourselves and invite some friends over, we decided to finally go ahead and do it (I say "we" like I helped cook or something, ha ha).   A couple days before Thanksgiving, Jeremy deboned all three birds and then brined them the night before.
When I woke up Thanksgiving morning around 7:00, Jeremy had already put all 3 birds together and was finishing up the surgery by closing up the turkey. 

He had whittled his own needle out of one of Will's sticks to sew them up with since let's face it, a sewing needle just wouldn't cut it.

Jeremy was very happy with the outcome, and was excited to go play some football.

The finished product.


Delicious!  It was so fun to have our friends come over and share one of my most favorite holidays, and even more fun to see them enjoy Jeremy's cooking.  This definately was the juiciest and tastiest turkeys I've ever eaten.  Did I mention Jeremy made the stuffing from scratch so it would be gluten free for me?  What a man.  I am so thankful for him and for all that he does for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment